- Why is my audio button greyed out?
- Why is my video button greyed out?
- How do I prevent participants from joining a session?
- What happens to the content I have loaded after the session is finished?
- How do I book a session?
- How long does it take for the recording to become available?
- How do I save/ print the participants list?
There is a default limit of 4 speakers at one time (this can be set to a maximum of 6 speakers by a moderator by going to Tools > Audio > Maximum Simultaneous Talkers…)
There is a default limit of 4 cameras at one time (this can be set to a maximum of 6 cameras by a moderator by going to Tools > Video > Maximum Simultaneous Cameras…)
If everyone you are expecting has joined the session you can prevent anyone else from joining by choosing Tools > Moderator > Allow new participants to join the session (click to uncheck)
Anyone who attempts to access the session as a participant or a moderator with this option disabled will receive a pop-up message saying “The conference has been locked. Try again?”
Once everyone has left the session the content is cleared in preparation for the next session. This includes all loaded powerpoint slides, shared files, whiteboard and chat contributions. If a moderator chose to record the session it will become available in the recorded session list soon after the session is finished.
If you use Live@UCL you can book sessions directly into the calendars. Please note that academic sessions take precedence when booking.
- Go to your Calendar in Outlook
- Click Open Calendar > From Address Book...
- Search for ~cruciform (click Go)
- Hold down shift and click on ~CruciformBld.Lwebinarvirtualroom.(100).LAMS
- Click Calendar ->
- Click OK
- The virtual room calendars will display alongside your own.
- Select when you would like to book the room using a name that describes the session (remember to allow time to setup beforehand and time to copy the chat and any feedback afterwards as well)
If you have any problems booking please contact E-Learning Environments
If you have recorded your session the recording will become available a few minutes after the session ends. This is the time it takes to process the recording. You can access the recordings from the recordings link on the web conferencing staff access page.
Note: you will need to convert the time from North American Mountain Time to British time.
You can find instructions Blackboard Collaborate Web Conferencing Moderator's Guide.
You can print the current Participants list to review at a later time. The printed list will have the session name as its header. The names in the list will be appended by the session attendees’ roles.
1. Open the Print dialog by doing one of the following:
- From the File menu, select Print and then Participants List…
- Enter Ctrl+P (Command-P on Mac).
2. In the Print dialog, specify your preferences and click OK.
You can save the current Participants list to a text file to review at a later time. The saved file will have the session name as its header. The names in the list will be appended by the session attendees’ roles.
1. Open the Save Participants List dialog by doing one of the following:
- From the File menu, select Save and then Participants List… .
- Enter Ctrl+S (Command-S on Mac).
2. Enter a file name and select the location to which you want to save the file.
3. Click Save. The suffix .txt is added to the filename.
|Note: All Participants list files will be saved as text (.txt) files. There are no other file types supported.
You can use Notepad, WordPad, Text Edit (OS X) or any word processing application to read the text file.