This page is still under construction.
1. Setup Sledgehammer
- Run the SledgeHammerInstaller.exe to install the software- usually on C: drive programs. Must have admin permissions.
- Run the software Sledgehammer.jar or from shortcut and select the license. Go to settings > Licensing > browse to the location of the license i.e. JonJohnson.UCL.ent20.lic
2. Setup Python
- Download version 2.7
- Add path for windows Run > sysdm.cpl > Advanced > Environment Variables. In the System variable window, find the Path variable and click Edit. Add the location pf the installed Python file e.g. ;C:\Python27\. Test using python -v.
3. Setup DDI-Flavour
- Download DDI- Flavour from https://github.com/CLOSER-Cohorts/ddi-flavour
.4 Install Java runtime
5. Prepare SPSS files
- Only run Sledgehammer on SPSS files.
- SPSS will hold lots of hidden information, Sledgehammer will try to use this and can lead to issues when outputting the DDI-L XML. We would recommend using something like this to get rid of this extraneous information This replaces a file label (often the location of the original file) with the bundle name, and to drop any document(s):
FILE LABEL "bcs_75_msc".
sysfile info file="G:\DB\closer_data\bcs70\bcs_1975\bcs_1975_masc.sav".
6. Prepare batch files
- One .bat file per SPSS file e.g. ncds8.bat
- One .txt file for all files to run DDI-Flavour after Sledgehammer e.g. renaming_list.txt
- One overall .bat file to run all the batch files and DDI-Flavour
- See https://closer-docs.readthedocs.io/en/latest/datasets.html
7. Run Sledgehammer and DDI-Flavour
- Run the batch file from the command line. Do not run the Sledgehammer from the GIU.
- e.g. run_files.bat
- The output will be in the directory of the .bat files.