Blackboard Collaborate is UCL's web conferencing or online classroom platform. It is integrated within Moodle as an activity, providing access to a range of different functions in a live, or synchronous, learning environment. These features include:
- Audio and video conferencing;
- Presentation and whiteboard facilities;
- Application sharing;
- Text chat for student discussion and questions;
- Tools for hand-raising and reactions;
- Breakout rooms for small group activities.
Collaborate can be used for a variety of teaching and learning activities, including seminars and interactive group study, Q&A discussions, guest lectures, and tutorials. It can also act as an informal course meeting space and be used with participants from outside of UCL.
The maximum number of participants for a given session (including moderators and presenters) is 250. If you require greater than 250 participants but less that 500 please follow the guidance here https://wiki.ucl.ac.uk/x/VQm1C