Lecturecast is UCL's automated lecture capture system.
Students both at UCL and elsewhere, have reported a range of benefits of using an automated lecture capture system, including:
- The ability to revisit complex material to ensure understanding
- The opportunity to clarify the use of unusual terminology or subject jargon
- The option to view lectures missed due to illness or unforeseen circumstances
- The ability to bookmark specific parts of recordings as an aid to revision
Lecture recordings are captured in Lecturecast enabled teaching spaces at the discretion of your Department and Lecturer/Tutor.
If your lecture is recorded you will be able to watch it back after the event, via your Moodle course once the content is released by the Course Administrator/Tutor.
You will be able to watch recordings via your Moodle courses once the content has been released by the Course Administrator/Tutor.
For instructions on how to access and view recordings refer to the Student Guide - Learning the Basics
Example Lecturecast Capture
Depending on what is captured as part of the Lecturecast recording you can:
- View the video recording
- View the lecture slides associated with the class.
- Use the player controls which includes standard play/pause, fast forward, and rewind buttons.
- Use the interactive features to take notes, post questions and engage in discussions, bookmark and flag content.
Please contact the ISD Service Desk
020 7676 5000
Ext. 25000 (internal)