Before the exam
1. Login to the computer
2. Use your UCL username (e.g. ucaaxxx) and password
3. Launch a web browser. On UCL computers these include Mozilla Firefox, Chrome, and Internet Explorer.
4. Log into Moodle* as soon as you arrive at the exam
Use your UCL username (e.g. ucaaxxx) and password (as above)
5. Place your ID card on your desk* for invigilators to check
6. Sign the attendance register with your username & computer number
If you can't see a computer number on your monitor, please record the last three digits of the IP address on the front of the computer tower instead.
7. In Moodle, navigate to the exam
8. Wait for the invigilator to announce the exam password
9. Once announced, type it in the password field and click Continue
Note: You may only have one window & browser tab open containing the Moodle quiz unless otherwise instructed by the invigilator. Any other open windows will be considered an attempt to cheat. Your computer usage may be recorded.
During the exam
- Your answers are saved automatically every time you go to a new page
- If you want to return to a question later click on flag question
- To navigate click on the next buttons or the page numbers (on the left) to skip straight to a particular question
The Quiz navigation box on the left will show:
- flagged questions with a red tab in the top, right corner
- answered questions in grey
- unanswered questions in white
- the current question with a bold outline
You can change your answers at any time until you submit your exam
If your browser crashes don't worry- your answers will still be there: alert and invigilator and they will help you to restart the exam
If you experience any technical problems, alert an invigilator immediately
Finished the exam?
- When you finish you will have a chance to review your quiz answers
- Click Finish attempt… (in the Quiz navigation block) to view the review page if you aren't already there
- Click Submit all and finish only when you have completed the exam!
- A confirmation window will pop up. Click Submit all and finish to confirm you want to submit your exam or cancel to return to the quiz
- Before you leave the exam an invigilator will need to check you have submitted your answers