Lecturecast August 2017
This task is typically performed be Moodle Course Administrators or Tutors at the beginning of academic sessions,
but can be done at any time as required.
When accessing a Lecturecast section via a Moodle course, by default, the Lecturecast screen is displayed within
the Moodle screen. This limits the display area, particularly for those viewing videos and other content on laptops
or other devices with smaller screens.
This task describes the steps required to display the Lecturecast screen in a new window.
1. Access the course overview page
In this case, click the course code to access the Moodle course overview page.
2. Turn Editing On
From the course overview page, click the 'Turn editing on' button to access the edit options.
3. Select the 'Edit' option for the link to the Lecturecast section
4. Then select the 'Edit Settings' option
5. Access more settings
Click 'Show more' to display more settings.
6. Select the required 'Launch container' option
Click the drop down arrow.
7. Select the relevant option
In this example, the 'New window' option is selected.
Default: to display the Lecturecast screen within the Moodle window
New window: to open the Lecturecast screen in a new window
8. Scroll to the bottom of the page
9. Save your changes
Select the 'Save and return to course' button.
10. View the Lecturecast screen in a new window
Select the activity hyperlink to access the Lecturecast section.
The Lecturecast section is displayed in a new window