Lecturecast March 2019
Some recordings and content are not directly uploaded to a class and are available in the Library of the person (Instructor) who created them.
- Recordings created for non-modular events
- Recordings that are not created via the Lecturecast Scheduler
- Other content such as presentations and lecture materials
For this content to be made available for students to view it needs to be published to a relevant class.
This training guide describes the basic steps required to publish content to a class.
The term 'capture' is used throughout Lecturecast ALP to describe a video recording.
A 'class' is a container in Lecturecast ALP which holds content specific to a single teaching and learning event.
1. Navigate to Lecturecast ALP
Refer to Logging into ALP for instructions on how to do this.
You can also access Lecturecast ALP via your Moodle courses and then access your Library as described in the steps below.
2. Access your Library
Click the 'Library' option in the taskbar to navigate to your Library.
3. Access the options for the relevant recording
Find the recording you want to publish and click on the drop-down arrow for that recording.
4. Share the recording to a Lecturecast section
You can share content from your Library into any Lecturecast section on which you are an instructor.
Click on the Video you want to publish.
Select the 'Class' button to share to a class.
Note that if you are Sharing to a course, you Must 'Add a New Class' when prompted to avoid overwriting existing content in the course!
- Select Class.
- Use the course drop down to search for your course, you can start typing your course name for your course to appear.
- Select your Term.
- Select your Section.
- You Must 'Add a New Class' to avoid overwriting existing content in the course!
- Enter a Class Name.
- Enter the date, time and duration when this capture was recorded. (Optional)
- Choose from available/unavailable options for students to view. You can leave content hidden and make it available for students to view at a later date, if required.
- Select 'Share' to publish the recording to the course.
Select to publish 'To a course' and select the relevant course and section details from the drop-down lists.
Note that if you are publishing to a course, you should 'Add a new Class' when prompted to avoid overwriting existing content in the course! (Enter title, date and time of recording so that this information
is populated for students).
Choose from available/unavailable options for students to view, then select 'PUBLISH' to publish the recording.
You can leave content hidden and make it available for students to view at a later date if required.
You can also share the content with an individual. Selecting the 'To an individual' option allows you to
enter an email address and publish the content to that email address.
To download content refer to the Download content training guide.