There may be circumstances in which older recordings need to be re-used in a currently published section.
For example, a recording is cancelled but the same lecture delivered in a previous year is deemed appropriate.
The recommended way of achieving this is to publish a copy of the older recording into the appropriate current section.
The person undertaking this task will need to be an instructor on both the old section from which the recording is copied
and the new section into which it is to be published.
1. Navigate to Lecturecast ALP
Refer to Logging in to ALP for instructions on how to do this.
You can also access Lecturecast ALP via your Moodle courses and then access your Library as described below.
2. Locate the recording
2.1 Access the Echo360 Home page
Click on the Echo360 icon to navigate to the Echo360 Home page. Note that you will only have access to sections that
you have previously accessed through a link on a Moodle course.
2.2 Search for the relevant Lecturecast section/course containing the recording you wish to republish
Use the Search box and filtering options to find the relevant course.
2.3 Click on the section/course to find the recording
3. Create a copy
- Click on the video icon for your chosen recording and select 'Create copy'.
- Then, click OK in the warning dialogue box.
The copy you've created is now owned by you and will appear in the Echo360 Home page under the 'My Content' or 'All Content' tab
4. Publish the copy to a new section
You can publish content from The Echo360 Home page into any Lecturecast section/course on which you are an Instructor.
4.1 Locate the recording
Locate the copy in either the 'All Content' or 'My Content tab' (use the Search facility if necessary)
4.2 Select and open the recording you wish to publish
Click on Share
See the areas below to see how to share to an Individual or publish your recording into a Moodle course.
Note. the Groups function documentation is to be added.
4.3 Share recordings to Individuals
- Select Individual and enter their email address within the Share with field.
- Click Done. The Individual will be able to access the recording within the 'Shared With Me' area within ALP home page.
Note the individual must have an UCL account and must have accessed Lecturecast recording(s) previously to appear on this list.
4.4 Share recordings to a relevant Moodle course
Note that if you are Sharing to a course, you Must 'Add a New Class' when prompted to avoid overwriting existing content in the course!
- Select Class.
- Use the course drop down to search for your course, you can start typing your course name for your course to appear.
- Select your Term.
- Select your Section.
- You Must 'Add a New Class' to avoid overwriting existing content in the course!
- Enter a Class Name.
- Enter the date, time and duration when this capture was recorded. (Optional)
- Choose from available/unavailable options for students to view. You can leave content hidden and make it available for students to view at a later date, if required.
- Select 'Share' to publish the recording to the course.