What to do if I need technical help?
Call the ISD Service Desk on 020 7679 5000 (internal 25000). There is also a button on the phones in centrally bookable spaces that allows you to quickly get in touch with the Service Desk (and get priority in the phone queue).
Just prior to the exam
- Students should login to Moodle as they arrive, navigate to the course and click on the exam link. Moodle is available here: https://moodle.ucl.ac.uk
Do you know what the quiz access password is? It may be written below.
Quiz Password: __________________________________________________________
- The digital exam attendance sheet should be filled in by each student and their ID cards checked by an invigilator:
- If you do not have a copy of the Digital Examination Attendance Sheet you can download it and print it.
- Login to a spare computer and navigate to the Moodle course where the exam is located:
Moodle course module code & name:_________________________________
Moodle quiz name:_________________________________________________
Located in topic/week:______________________________________________
Beginning of the exam
- There should be an access password for the Moodle quiz. Announce this password to students at the beginning of the quiz so they can begin answering the questions.
Before students leave the exam
- Ensure each student has submitted their quiz before leaving the exam (see below for details)
Students have forgotten their password
Students should have been reminded to check their password before the exam. If they can’t log in to a PC, the tutor/course admin can log in to a PC for them. To log in to Moodle you should telephone the Service Desk and ask to speak to Digital Education, who can provide a temporary Moodle password.
DO NOT log them in to Moodle as the tutor because their attempt will not be recorded and they will likely get editing access to the whole course!
I have not been given the access password for the quiz. How do I find out what it is?
- Click on the name of the quiz on the Moodle course page.
- Go to the Settings tab, and then Quiz administration > Edit Settings
- Scroll down to the Extra restrictions on attempts section.
- Click the Magnifying Glass icon to reveal the password.
A student has submitted their exam before they have actually finished. How do I re-open their attempt?
- You can’t.
- Warn students to only save and submit early if they are 100% sure they have finished!
- If students are unsure about anything in the exam they should ask an invigilator for assistance.
How do I check whether students have submitted their exam questions for marking?
- Navigate to the quiz.
- Click on the Attempts: *Number* link
- Ensure there is a time listed in the Completed column alongside the student’s name
- * A dash indicates the student has not submitted their exam for marking.