- If you have files, webpages or activities in one Moodle course that you want to copy to another course, you can use the Import function.
- Note: You must have edit rights on both courses in order to copy files across.
- Make sure you are in the course you want to copy items to.
- In the Administrator block, click Import.
- You can select the course you want to copy from, using by either selecting one of the drop-down menus and then (just below it) click Use this course.
- the options shown in the list or searching for another course in the search box below.
- If you have edit rights on a lot of courses, you may need to use the Search courses feature instead.
- Click None alongside Include to deselect everything and select only those items you want to copy.
- Choose No next to Course files - otherwise every file from the other course will be copied over.
- Choose No next to Site files – you don't need these.
- Click Continue and a list of what will be imported, will appear.
- If you are happy with this list, click Continue twice and your files from the other course will be copied over to the corresponding topic area in your new course.
- You may need to scroll to the bottom of the page to see the final Continue button. Press this and you will be taken back to your course homepage where the resources and activities that you copied will now be shown.
- You may need to move them to another topic area using the move icon.