- Testing bulk enrolment into Groups
- Testing the difference between separate and visible Groups
- Testing whether your private Forum really is private.
- Testing whether the things you need to be hidden from view really are hidden from view (and whether they are available when the time comes for them to be revealed).
- Testing whether your Grouped resources and activities are displaying to your different Groups and Groupings as intended.
- Testing whether emails from news/announcement forums are working, and how they behave, so you can instruct students about settings in a way appropriate for your course.
Test account limitations
The accounts are Moodle only cannot be used to access other UCL services requiring full user accounts, these include:
- Library facilities that require UCL log-ins
- The Lecturecast system
- The Portico system
- The MyPortfolio system
- Treat the login details as confidentially as your own
- Only ever use them in a Student role
- Testing Turnitin? Set it up as a DRAFT and not to add submissions to the Student Repository - because test documents submitted to Turnitin's repository are difficult to remove and should only be submitted under the name of the actual author - not a test account.
- If you test accounts are used on a live course (as opposed to a Moodle test course) then it is good practice to delete any data associated with testing you've carried out, this could be; Forum posts, assignment uploads, choices etc.