Turnitin will currently accept the following file types to generate Originality Reports (as of 15 Dec 2016) (Source: https://guides.turnitin.com/01_Manuals_and_Guides/Student_Guides/Turnitin_Classic_for_Students/09_Submitting_a_Paper#File_Types_and_Size last accessed: 1st March 2017):
• Microsoft Word® (.doc / .docx)1
• OpenOffice Text (.odt)2
• Google Docs via Google Drive™ (.gdoc files are NOT acceptable)3
• WordPerfect® (.wpd)
• PostScript (.ps/.eps)
• Adobe® PDF4
• Microsoft PowerPoint® (.pptx, .ppt, .ppsx, and .pps)5
• Microsoft Excel® (.xls and .xlsx)6
• Rich text format (.rtf)
• Plain text (.txt)
• Hangul Word Processor file (.hwp)
The paper being submitted must contain more than 20 words, must be under 40MB (or approximately two million characters), must not exceed 400 pages in length, and must not contain spaces in between every letter (l i k e t h i s).
Please note that we do not Turnitin does NOT support:
• Microsoft® Works (.wps) file types.
• Apple Pages file types.
• Spreadsheets created outside of Microsoft Excel (i.e. .ods).
• GDOC files (.gdoc) which are just links to online Google Document files, but don't actually contain text or the document's content. Google Drive must be used to upload Google Docs.