- In the Settings menu under Course Administration click on Users then Groups.
- Click Create group.
- Give the group a name and optional description.
- Add an enrolment key (that is different from the course enrolment key) if manual enrolments are enabled and you want students who use that enrolment key to be enrolled in that group.
- Click Save changes.
- Back on the Groups page, click on the group name, in the left Groups column.
- Click Add/remove users.
- Search for potential members and remember that any that don't appear may already be in the group, or are not enrolled on the course.
- Select the user and click Add Back to groups.
If you find any inaccurate or missing information you can even update this yourself (it's a communal wiki).
If you have a specific question about the tool please contact the Digital Education team.
- Before setting up groups (or groupings) it is recommended that you look at the summary table of the effects of different group settings.
Examples and case studies
- See the Bulk enrolment miniguide for information on using groups to enable students to schedule Personal Tutor meetings.
Q. Can assign an activity to a particular grouping?
A. Yes, this can also be done using Restrict Access.
Also from moodledocs: