To add groups to your course manually follow these steps.
- In the Settings menu Administration menu under Course Administration click on Users then Groups.
- Click Create group.
- Give the group a name and optional description.
- [*optional] Add an enrolment key (that is different from the course enrolment key) if manual enrolments are enabled and you want students who use that enrolment key to be enrolled in that group.
- Click Save changes.
- Back on the Groups page, click on the group name, in the left Groups column.
- Click Add/remove users.
- Search for potential members and remember that any that don't appear may already be in the group, or are not enrolled on the course.
- Select the user and click Back to groups.