- Open the forum.
- Click on the Add a new discussion topic button. This should open the message options, as shown below.
- Give your forum topic a Subject, then write and format your Message. Click the Post to forum button.
- By default, Moodle waits 30 minutes before sending your message to all forum subscribers.
Go to Advanced to send your message without delay, to set a specific period for your post, to add an attachment to your topic, and toggle other settings.
Click here to find out more about Advanced options.
Toggle Cloak id @forumadvanced Cloak id @forumadvanced
If you wish to send your message immediately, go to Advanced and tick the 'Send forum notifications with no editing-time delay' box.
This The additional setting "Display period" will display the post within a specific time limit.
- Click on the News forum to see how the message is displayed.
- Click on the name of the Discussion topic to open it (e.g. Lecture on Tuesday 17 th -- CANCELLED).
- You can Reply to this message (keeping the message within the same topic) or you can Add a new topic by using the breadcrumb to go back to the News forum.