- Click the Turn editing on button in the top right of your page, then go to the Blocks block and select Remote RSS Feeds from the drop-down list.
- You can of course move this block around as shown in Miniguide M07.3. Click on the Actions icon in the block title; the Configure Remote news feed Block tab appears.
- UCL has included a number of possible feeds for you to select if you wish (select the relevant feeds - holding down the *Ctrl *key to select multiple).
- If you want to add a new feed entirely, click on Add/edit feeds below the feed list, then Add a new feed.
- You will need the URL of the feed (different from the main news site URL), but this is usually clearly indicated by a link from the main site.7. Click on Add a new feed. You will be taken back to the list of feeds.
- There isn't an easy way to go back to your RSS feed block now, so you will need to either:
- click back three times and then the F5 key on your keyboard to refresh the page so it shows your new feed; or
- return to your course homepage (using the 3rd link in the breadcrumb trail) and click edit again to configure the RSS block.
- Choose your newly added feed from the list.
- You can choose the number of entries to show and also add a Title to your block.
- You can leave the next two options as No.
- Click on Save Changes.
If you find any inaccurate or missing information you can even update this yourself (it's a communal wiki).
If you have a specific question about the tool please contact the Digital Education team.