Lecturecast August 2017September 2018
This task is typically performed by Course Administrators and Tutors to schedule Lecturecast recordings for a specific lecture
or series of lectures.
1.1 Select the search type
In this example, the default search type: Department/Module Code will be used.
1.2 Enter your search parameters
Enter a module code and then click the 'Search' button to view all events for that module code.
1.3 Search results are displayed in the 'Events' tab
Events up to 3 months in advance are displayed for the module code.
1.4 Select the 'Unscheduled Events' tab
You can only create a schedule for events with STATUS: ‘UNSCHEDULED’.
2. Create a schedule for an event
2.1 Select an event
Use the check box to select the event you wish to schedule.
2.2 Select the options for your recording
Use the check boxes to select/deselect the capture and auto available options as required.
'Auto Available' relates to whether or not the recording is made available for students to view immediately.
2.3 Create the schedule
Click the 'Create Schedule' button.
2.4 Acknowledge the confirmation
Click the 'OK' button.
2.5 Select the 'Scheduled Events' tab to view your scheduled events
Click the 'Scheduled Events' tab to view all scheduled events.
Use the filters to easily find the event you just scheduled.
3.1 Select an individual event to edit
You can only edit one schedule at a time. The edit option becomes unavailable if you have more than one event selected.
3.2 Open the Edit Schedule screen
Click the 'Edit Schedule' button to open the Edit Schedule screen for the selected event.
3.3 Edit the schedule details and save your changes
In this example, we will edit the 'AUTO AVAILABLE' option for the recording.
You can edit the following for a scheduled recording:
- EVENT TITLE: Give the recording a meaningful name so it can easily be found by students and other users
- PRESENTER'S NAME: Add/remove presenters
- SCHEDULED RECORDING DETAILS: Change the recording duration within the room booking window using the slider
- ADDITIONAL CAPTURE INFO: Change the capture information to reflect what will be captured during the lecture
- AUTO AVAILABLE: Edit this option to make the recording immediately available to students
3.4 Save the changes
Click When you have made your changes, click the 'Save' button, then click 'OK' to confirm.