Wikis are very flexible and can be set up and edited in many different ways. A wiki Wiki may house collaboratively-developed lecture notes for an entire cohort, act as a space in which a group can collect evidence prior to a presentation, or be used as a brainstorming facility for an individual project.
- To add a Wiki to your course, Turn editing on, locate an appropriate section, click Add an activity or resource, and select Wiki then click add.
- Enter a Name and Description (which you can display if you wish).
- Select a Mode for the wiki, i.e. collaborative or individual, and enter a First page name.
- If required, select Common module settings to alter the Group mode mode.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and click Save and display.
More information about the Wiki activity, including its settings, use, and an FAQ, can be found on MoodleDocs.