Make sure you enable course completion in the course settings:
- Settings > Course Administration > Edit settings > Completion tracking > Enable completion tracking : yes. Then save and display.
You must then enable activity completion in the course completion settings for each resource/activity you want to include as as part of the completion requirements.
- Once course completion is enabled (see above), go to the Settings administration block on your Moodle course homepage and under Course administration click on Course completion.
- While most settings can be left with their default value, select the following options that you would like to enable:
- Under Condition: Activity completion select every activity to include as part of the completion status.
- Under Condition: Manual completion by others: select Tutor and Course Administrator to enable staff to mark activities as complete on behalf of a student.
- Click Save changes.
- With editing turned on, add the course completion block to the Moodle course homepage, so students (and their tutors) can see their progress.