- Remove both pieces of the magnetic slide inserts
- Fill up the waterbath with a few mls of distilled water
- Very carefully put the waterbath into the stage. Be careful not to spill any water. Tighten the two screws to hold the insert to the stage.
- The lid for the water bath fits on like the below photo.
- There are additional optional attachments.
This is an objective lens heater. It is held by velcro and goes around the objective you are using for your imaging. IF you intend to use this, please remember to take it off afterwards. You will also need to activate it by flicking the 'lens power' switch on the controller into th e'on' position
- This is an additional thermometer which sits on top of a 35mm dish, within the humidifier chamber / water bath. It is a thermometer which runs to the 'sample temp' flicker switch on the controller box. The 'sample temp' flick-switch should only ever be 'on' if you actually have this thermometer placed within the stage insert. If you click it into the 'on' position, without placing the thermometer withing the heater stage insert, the thermometer will read the ambient temperature of the unheated box and attempt to raise the temperature, which usually results in the stage insert heating to about 65C and cooking the cells.
Both of these should typically be 'off'.
Returning the microscope to usual operations