How do I insert a link?
- Once you are logged on, you should see your name, top right as a link on the UCL Wiki homepage. Click on this link.
- On the page that appears, you should see a message saying You can create a personal space to keep your own pages and news. Click on the create a personal space link.
- Now you need to set the viewing and editing rights for your space by clicking any of the Edit Permissions links. Either type in UCL user ids (followed by comma space if there are several) or use the magnifying glass button to search for users by name.
By default personal spaces are only viewable by the person concerned, and global spaces are only viewable by the administrators of the spaces concerned.
Note: Registered users - anyone logged into Confluence has no effect in the UCL implementation of the software.
If you want all registered users to have access, you have explicitly to give access to group ucl-all. ucl-staff, ucl-hon, ucl-ug and ucl-pg are other useful groups. Note the use of the role suffix (e.g. -all) after the hyphen; it would not work if you just used ucl. For detailed information about UCL access groups, see: http://www.ucl.ac.uk/upi/web-users/intranet-groups
You can add several individuals by typing in user ids separated by comma space.
Note that the create right is the one you use to give edit access and that you need to give the attach right to people who want to display images.
Do not give individuals or groups rights they do not need.
- If you ever need to adjust the access rights to your space, click on the Browse Space link at the top, click on the Space Admin tab and then click on the Permissions link in the left column.
- Wiki-users should not give anonymous write access to pages or comments. If such access is given, it is switched off automatically. Spaces persistently enabling such access will be removed.
- The address of your space is:
http://wiki.ucl.ac.uk//display/~your seven digit UCL user id
- It is recommended that you place a watch on your wiki space (Browse Space | Advanced | Start watching this space) so you may be automatically notified of activity. For more information, click here.
- You can create create your own groups for access control if it's a personal spaces (ONLY global spaces).
What's all this about global spaces?
- Click on the Browse Space link and then on the Manage Users/Groups tab. Here you can create your own groups and add people to them.
- It is better to use this feature, rather than granting permission to individuals, as it is a lot less work if you ever need to change the permissions in future.
- You can only create your own groups for access control if it's a global space (i.e. NOT if it's a personal space).
To edit details about yourself, add your photo etc., click on your name top right on the UCL Wiki homepage once logged in.