- Switch editing on.
- In edit mode, the last block on the right will be Add a block, which contains a drop-down list of all the blocks you can add to your page. Any that are missing may already be on your page.
- The new block should appear at the bottom of the right hand column.
- Click the cog icon to configure the block, choose the configuration link from the drop-down menu to load the configuration page.
Note: Blocks that cannot be configured will not have this icon.
- When you configure the HTML block you can enter a Block Title or leave this blank to hide the title (e.g. if you want an untitled graphic).
- In the content section, you can add text, graphics, links etc. as we have seen before.
- Once you have finished configuring the block click Save changes at the bottom of the page and you will be returned to the course homepage
- To move the block, click and drag the four-way arrow icon to move the block to another place in the right column. Alternatively, you can click and release this same move icon to see a list of locations the block can be moved to. Click on one of these options to move the block below it.
To delete a block, click the cog icon and from the drop-down menu choose to remove it.
Note: If you delete a HTML block you may want to copy the text to a text file before deleting it, so you can easily add it back again in future. All other blocks can be brought by simply re-adding
- Place navigation items , to the top-right
- Cluster similar blocks together e.
- Calendar with Upcoming Events.
- Remove any blocks you will not be using as they clutter the screen and may confuse
- Dock and undock blocks
If you find any inaccurate or missing information you can even update this yourself (it's a communal wiki).
If you have a specific question about the tool please contact the Digital Education team.