- Open the forum.
- Click on the Add a new discussion topic button. This should open the message options, as shown below.
- Give your forum topic a Subject, then write and format your Message. Click the Post to forum button.
- By default, Moodle waits 30 minutes before sending your message to all forum subscribers.
Go to Advanced options to send your message without delay, to set a specific period for your post, to add an attachment to your topic, and toggle other settings.
Click here to find out more about Advanced options.
Toggle Cloak id @forumadvanced Cloak id @forumadvanced
If you wish to send your message immediately, go to Advanced and tick the 'Send forum notifications with no editing-time delay' box.
Please note: If users have enabled email digests in their forum preferences, the notification is NOT sent immediately to them. These users will receive your message and all other forum post notifications once a day, at about 5pm, UK time.
The additional setting "Display period" allows you to display your post within a specific time frame and also send a notification at the chosen time.
To select a specific date and time, please tick the Enable box next to the "Calendar" icon and choose the relevant date for your forum post to appear. Moodle will also send a notification to all forum subscribers at your chosen time.
Please note: If users have enabled email digests in their forum preferences, the notification is NOT sent at your chosen time to them. These users will receive your message and all other forum post notifications at about 5pm on the chosen day (UK time).
- Click on the News forum to see how the message is displayed.
- Click on the name of the Discussion topic to open it (e.g. Lecture on Tuesday 17 th -- CANCELLED).
- You can Reply to this message (keeping the message within the same topic) or you can Add a new topic by using the breadcrumb to go back to the News forum.