- Navigate to your Moodle course and turn editing on by clicking the button in the top right corner of the page (or by clicking the link under the Settings (Administration) menu).
- Click the "Add an activity or resource" link and choose the type of resource you would like to add and click 'Add'.
- You will then be taken to the settings page for that resource.
- Once you have selected the appropriate settings, click the 'Save and display' button and you will be taken into viewing the activity. For some resources (such as books where you need to add pages of content) you will have further configuration options here.
- Once you have finished reviewing and/or editing the activity you can return to the Moodle course homepage using the breadcrumbs below the banner, this is located at the top of the page. Just click on the name of the course (usually the module code) to navigate to the course page.
- You may then like to drag and drop the resource in to the correct position on the page, by clicking and holding the cross hair icon to the left of the resource name. Release the icon when the resource is in the correct location or alternatively click on the cross hair icon and select the option where you like to place the resource.
*To check or change your Editor, go to the top-right corner and hover over profile your name, click on Preferences and click on Editor Preferences .
- You can return to the resource's configuration settings by clicking the Edit menu to the right of the resource and choosing 'Edit settings' (Make sure your editing is turned on).
Other Edit options include:
Options Description Move right Move right indents the item, so you can show a hierarchy of items. Once you move right, you will also get an option to move left , so you can un-indent it. Make available Show or Hide the resource from student view. Duplicate Duplicate resources might save you some editing time for similar resources. This is ideal if you have configured the resource and would like to copy the settings to the duplicate resource. Make sure to apply changes for example, the title, file, links etc. Assign Roles Promote a student to act as a tutor on a particular resource by assigning them to the tutor role with the Assign roles option. This means they would have edit rights just for that resource and nothing else on the page. Delete Delete will prompt you if you really want to delete the resource. Click Yes to delete it.