What file formats will Turnitin accept?
Turnitin will currently accept the following file types to generate Originality Reports (as of 15 Dec 2016)
• Microsoft Word® (.doc / .docx)1
• OpenOffice Text (.odt)2
• Google Docs via Google Drive™ (.gdoc files are NOT acceptable)3
• WordPerfect® (.wpd)
• PostScript (.ps/.eps)
• Adobe® PDF4
• Microsoft PowerPoint® (.pptx, .ppt, .ppsx, and .pps)5
• Microsoft Excel® (.xls and .xlsx)6
• Rich text format (.rtf)
• Plain text (.txt)
• Hangul Word Processor file (.hwp)
The paper being submitted must contain more than 20 words, must be under 40MB (or approximately two million characters), must not exceed 400 pages in length, and must not contain spaces in between every letter (l i k e t h i s).
Therefore, if an unsupported word processor is being used, you may need to save the file as a TXT or RTF file in order to upload to Turnitin.
(Source: Turnitin's guide to file types and size).
Please refer to Turnitins guidance on accepted file formats.
Will Turnitin accept documents containing images?