How do I set one up?
1. Go to https://publish.twitter.com/settings/widgets. Login with your Twitter account and select Create new.
2. Select the timeline source you want. For hashtags you will need to select *Search*.
A user's timeline
Your favourite tweets
A list you subscribe to
Search for a hash tag
A collection you have created
3. Set up with your desired Twitter username, hashtag or keyword. Enter the Name of the Twitter profile you would like to embed and select Embed Timeline.
3. You can also configure the appearance (you can select colours that match your Moodle set up) and dimensions (you can leave the default if you prefer).
You can see what it will look like in the Preview (to the right of the configuration) to see what the colours (but not the sizes) look like.
4. Click Create widget and copy the Click copy code it provides.
Back in Moodle, you have to paste the HTML into a suitable location. For example, create a HTML block, and in the Edit mode for the new block click on the <> button and paste the code in. The Twitter widget will then be displayed inside the block.
Embed an individual tweet?
To Embed an individual tweet
- Select a tweet and click on the down arrow
- Select embed and you will have the option to include media.
- Copy the code and paste it into a page, label or HTML block.
If you find any inaccurate or missing information you can even update this yourself (it's a communal wiki).