Related articles and information
- Windows: BB Flashback Express - a free unlimited length screen capture program (for Windows), which is easy to use and exports to avi for import and editing in Windows Movie Maker.
- QuickTime Player (for Mac) allows you to capture your screen and yourself (if you have a webcam). Go to File > New Screen Recording.
- You can also initiate screen recording by pressing command-shift-5. Ensure you choose a mic input as it may default to 'none'.
- Once you have captured your video, save it as an avi file (or similar).
- Use Windows Movie Maker (Windows), or iMovie (Mac) to edit the video, add titles, images and any transitions.
- Save as an mp4 file for uploading to Lecturecast or Moodle - avoid Flash as it is not smart phone compatible.