- Create or open an existing Moodle Assignment.
- In the Moodle Assignment Settings page, in the Grade section, alongside Grading method choose Rubric.
- Click Save and display to save the settings and enter the Moodle Assignment.
- In the Settings menu to the left of the page, under Assignment Administration select Advanced Grading.
- Click Define new grading form from scratch, unless you want to use an existing template.
- Give the rubric a name and click in the left-most box to write the first criterion. E.g. 'Clarity' from the example above.
- For examples of rubrics check out: http://rubistar.4teachers.org
- Click in each section and add a description to each level for the criterion. Start with the inadequate level (scoring 0) and add in more proficient levels until you reach the highest level in your rubric.
- To add new levels click the +Add level button.
- To edit the scores for each level click on each and enter a number.
- To add further criterion click the +Add criterion button and repeat the above process to edit the criterion name and level descriptions.
- Once you have filled in the rubric click Save rubric and make it ready.
- The next page allows you to Publish the form as a new template and should now say READY FOR USAGE.
- In the Settings *menu to the left of the page, under *Assignment Administration select Edit Settings.
- Ensure the Grade is still set to 100. It may have changed to match the maximum score in the rubric, which may not be 100.
- Click Save and display.
- Click View/grade all submissions.
- Click the pencil in the Grade column alongside the first person you want to grade and click on each area of the grading form to mark them. You can add additional comments in the last column (if enabled).
- The grade will be calculated when you click Save changes. Save and show next will save the grade and feedback and display the next student's work for marking.
If you find any inaccurate or missing information you can even update this yourself (it's a communal wiki).
If you have a specific question about the tool please contact the Digital Education team.