|Table of Contents|
test accounts helpful?
They can help Moodle editors grasp the implications of their design decisions (beyond what Moodle's 'Switch Role To' function allows) including:
- Library facilities that require UCL log-ins
- The Lecturecast system
- The Portico system
- The MyPortfolio system
- Treat the login details as confidentially as your own
- Only ever use them in a Student role
- Testing Turnitin? Set it up as a DRAFT and not to add submissions to the Student Repository - because test documents submitted to Turnitin's repository are difficult to remove and should only be submitted under the name of the actual author - not a test account.
- If you test accounts are used on a live course (as opposed to a Moodle test course) then it is good practice to delete any data associated with testing you've carried out, this could be; Forum posts, assignment uploads, choices etc.
How to create Moodle student test accounts?
Simply log into Moodle . Go Naviage to any course where you have the role of Tutor or Administrator. Near the bottom of the 'Administration' Block click on the 'Create Test User Accounts'