- The Insert/edit Image window appears
- Click on Find or upload an image...
- The File picker appears.
- Use this to select a file, the image should now be displayed.
- Add an Image description (this is to make it accessible to visually impaired users, so making the description meaningful)
- To resize your image click on it and eight little boxes (handles) appear round the edge. Use the corner handles to resize the image, not the side ones which will only distort your image.
- Click Insert to add your image
- There are some other options on the Insert/edit Image window so select your image and click on the picture icon again.
- The Appearance tab lets you change alignment and add some white space around the image - Vertical and Horizontal, described in pixels – try 5 or 10
- The Advanced tab allows images that change when you 'mouse over', something to try later!
- Click on Update then Save Changes in the Editor
Include a banner image which actually fits the page
Banners help to make pages distinctive, orientate students in Moodle spaces which can look fairly samey, and set scenes or moods. Below are instructions for a horizontal image across the top of a section which reaches to the edge of the section, resizes with the window, and doesn't have an ugly scrollbar: