- When you have finished with your experiments first make sure that all your data have been saved in a secure place. Also make a backup of them.If you are transferring to server, use Copy & Paste.
- Remove your sample from the microscope stage and clean all objective lenses any oil objectives you have been using thoroughly used with the Whatman 105 lens cleaning tissue provided. Also make sure to Please check the nosepiece for oil or media spills and and clean them if there are any clean them up.
- Close the NIS-Elements software and log out of Windows (If someone else is booked on the microscope after you you can stop here, otherwise proceed with step 4 - 6).
- Shut down the PC.
- On the front of the LuLU-NV laser bed, turn off each individual laser by pressing on the white button with the wavelength on them, and then turn the key in the OFF position. Wait 3 minutes.
- Last switch off the three sockets on the wall labelled Laser Bed, Laser Controller and N-STORM Devices.