- Students should login to Moodle as they arrive, navigate to the course and click on the exam link. Moodle is available here: https://moodle.ucl.ac.uk
Do you know what the quiz access password is? It may be written below.
|Quiz Password: __________________________________________________________|
- The digital exam attendance sheet should be filled in by each student and their ID cards checked by an invigilator:
- If you do not have a copy of the attendance sheet you Digital Examination Attendance Sheet you can download it here and print it: www.ucl.ac.uk/isd/staff/e-learning/tools/moodle/policies/e-exams-attendance-sheet.xls
- Login to a spare computer and navigate to the Moodle course where the exam is located:
Moodle course module code & name:_________________________________
Moodle quiz name:_________________________________________________
Located in topic/week:______________________________________________
Beginning of the exam
- There should be an access password for the Moodle quiz. Announce this password to students at the beginning of the quiz so they can begin answering the questions.
- Ensure each student has submitted their quiz before leaving the exam (see p2 see below for details)
- Click on the name of the quiz on the Moodle course page.
- Go to the Settings tab, and then Quiz administration > Edit Settings
- Scroll down to the Extra restrictions on attempts section.
- Click the Unmask checkbox to Magnifying Glass icon to reveal the password.
A student has submitted their exam before they have actually finished. How do I re-open their attempt?
- Navigate to the quiz.
- Click on the Attempts: *Number* link
- Ensure there is a time listed in the Completed column alongside the student’s name
- * A dash indicates the student has not submitted their exam for marking.