Make sure you enable course completion in the course settings:
- Settings > Course Administration > Edit settings > Completion tracking > Enable completion tracking : yes. Then save and display.
You must then enable activity completion in the course completion settings for each resource/activity you want to include as as part of the completion requirements.
Meeting the baseline
- 1.5 Guide students as to which task to complete next. This may include appropriate use of conditional release, so tasks are hidden until prerequisite tasks are completed, or until a certain date.
The Orientation category suggests that you:
- 2.2 Explain participation requirements:
- Identify which activities are compulsory and optional.
2.7 Students are sent a welcome message before the start of the module. Using the Moodle News forum ensures all students get an email. Include:
- A short overview of the course;
- A summary of expectations for online engagement.
- How they can gain access to their course.
- Explain the introductory activities to be completed and by when (e.g. posting to an introductions forum).
- Link to the 'UCL online learning orientation' Moodle course (for wholly online courses).
How do I set one up?
- Once course completion is enabled (see above), go to the Settings administration block on your Moodle course homepage and under Course administration click on Course completion.
- While most settings can be left with their default value, select the following options that you would like to enable:
- Under Condition: Activity completion select every activity to include as part of the completion status.
- Under Condition: Manual completion by others: select Tutor and Course Administrator to enable staff to mark activities as complete on behalf of a student.
- Click Save changes.
- With editing turned on, add the course completion block to the Moodle course homepage, so students (and their tutors) can see their progress.
Examples and case studies
- None at this time
Questions & Answers
Q. How do I allow students to mark their progress as complete?