- If you open two different web browsers (eg Firefox and Safari) you can be logged on as yourself in one and as a test user in another.
- To give your test student access, you'll need to temporarily unhide your Moodle course.
What your test accounts can access
The accounts are Moodle only and cannot be used to access other UCL services requiring full user accounts, these include:
- Treat the login details as confidentially as your own .
- Only ever use them in a Student role*.
- If you test accounts are used on a live course (as opposed to a Moodle test course) then it is good practice to delete any data associated with testing you've carried out, this could be; Forum posts, assignment uploads, choices etc.
*The exception is for the Hands-On With Turnitin & Moodle space, where there is no confidential information.
Instructions - how to create Moodle student test accounts
|Generating accounts for the Hands On With Moodle and Turnitin space? To take a Student role in Turnitin you need to give your accounts|
|a non-UCL email address e.g. your personal one.|
Log into Moodle. Naviage
Navigate to any course space where you have the role of Tutor or Administrator. Near the bottom of the 'Administration' Block click on the 'Create Test User Accounts'.
On the page which displays, fill in the details of number of accounts required, days they should be active etc.
The accounts your request will be automatically enrolled onto the current course. You Moodle space - you can also enrol them onto other courses spaces where you need to test things out from a student point of view.
Note that you can specify one email address. The form defaults to your own UCL address but you can use any email address that you own.
|If you want to To test a Turnitin assignment, you will need to use an email address other than your UCL one.|
Once you've created your test accounts you will receive an email from the system detailing the usernames of the accounts you've created - these will be your own username with '_xx' appended. The email also contains details of how long your accounts will be active for. Note that accounts reclaimed by the system overnight on the expiry date specified in the email, so the accounts last a little longer than the confirmation email states.