- Log in to Moodle and go to the course that you want to reset in preparation for a new cohort of students. Don’t worry, you won’t lose any resources or activities, only students, grades and contributions to forums, assignments etc.
- In the Settings block, under Course administration, click Reset.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and click the Select default button. This will select all the usual reset options and remove any Students from your course. Leave the ticked and unticked boxes as they are.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and expand the Turnitin Assignments (V2) setting > tick (if not already ticked) the ‘Use new assignment dates’ checkbox. This will ensure that the anonymous settings for the assignment stay in place. The assignment start date will be set to the date and time of the course reset, while the due and Post date will elapse seven days from then.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and click the Reset Course button.
- All of the items you have chosen to reset will be displayed and there will be an 'OK' alongside each of these. Click 'Continue'.
- This will reset the course. It is worth checking afterwards that everything is reset properly.
If the course has an enrolment key set you should change it now, so that students from the previous year cannot re-enrol themselves on the course. Find out how to change the enrolment key here.