|Table of Contents|
|Are you testing out Turnitin? If so, give your test accounts a non-UCL email address e.g. your personal address.|
Why are Moodle test accounts helpful?
- anticipating students' needs when making design decisions in your Moodle area.
- reassuring yourself about exactly what students can access, eg when you're hiding or revealing elements, when using Groups and Groupings, or using the Gradebook to give assessment feedback.
- familiarising yourself with the way things display to students eg Quizzes, the Gradebook, Forum posts, email alerts.
- anticipating student questions and authoring instructions for students from their point of view.
- invaluable insights when experimenting with something new in Moodle; interacting with the new thing in one or more student roles, then logging back in as editor to see whether it works as intended from a tutor point of view.
Once you've created your test accounts you will receive an email from the system detailing the usernames of the accounts you've created - these will be your own username with '_xx' appended. The email also contains details of how long your accounts will be active for. Note that accounts reclaimed by the system overnight on the expiry date specified in the email, so the accounts last a little longer than the confirmation email states.