Your Moodle profile displays information about you to other Moodle users. You can also add a photo to your profile. Your photograph must be in jpg or png format and will be cropped & resized automatically to 100X100 pixels.
Your profile also allows you to change your personal preferences in Moodle. It is worth checking your timezone is accurate, as this will affect when you can access scheduled events such as quizzes and chats. We recommend choosing Server's local time if you are based in the United Kingdom.
- Log into Moodle and click on your name in the top, right.
- Click on Settings -> My profile settings -> Edit profile
- Edit the fields you wish to change (e.g. description, location).
- Click the Update profile button.
Moodle discussion forums can generate a lot of emails. You can change your email settings so that Moodle only sends you one email every afternoon, containing all of the email notifications from that day. To do this:
- Follow the instructions for updating your profile, as described above.
- Where it says Email digest type choose: Complete (daily email with full posts).
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and click Update profile.