About this research
This UCL Connected Curriculum fellowship project responds to Connected Curriculum dimension 5 – ‘Students learn to produce outputs – assessments directed at an audience’. This assessed work could be video, audio, wikis, blogs, annotation, web sites, or social media, for example. The project is investigating the kinds of digital outputs students are producing, how students conceptualise their audience, what constitutes ‘academic’ in these forms of communication, how students produce their work, and how assessors come to judgments about it.
We aim to gather these perceptions by recording assessors and students, in pairs, as together they revisit a piece of marked work and respond to some question prompts. We hope that, after reviewing the recording, you will consent for it to be made publicly available as part of the project report. We anticipate that this contribution will illuminate the challenges and opportunities of academic work in emerging media.
Thank you for your interest in taking part in this project. If you have any questions about it, please ask the investigator before you to decide whether to participate. You will be given a copy of this Consent Form to keep and refer to at any time.
Please complete your contact details:
|Name:||_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _|
|Department:||_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _|
|UCL email address:||_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _|
|Phone:||_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _|
|Any other contact details:||_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _|
I consent to participate in this interview and understand that:
- I have seen the project explanation and understand what participation involves.
- the data I give will contribute to a project report.
- I will have the chance to check the draft project report before it is published, and request changes.
- I am free to withdraw my participation and the data I have supplied at any time before the report is published.
- I am not under any pressure to participate.
- I have had the chance to ask questions.
I consent to be recorded and understand that:
- the recording will include my:
- I will have a chance to check any parts of the recording which the project wishes to publish, and request changes or withdraw it entirely.
- the published parts of the recording will be hosted by UCL on a publicly available page so that they can be shown for a range of purposes (anticipated to be educational).
- I will be given a link to the recording.
- I can have the recording taken down at any time without explanation by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
- although the recording may not be legally copied, any recording on the web could technically be copied by its audience.
- although I can request to be anonymised, my identity may be recognised by some viewers of the recording.
If completing digitally, please type your name.
Dr Mira Vogel
Digital Education Advisor,
Digital Education, ISD,
University College London,
Gower Street, London WC1E 6BT,
email@example.com | 020 3549 5197 (x65197)