This page lists the resources generated from the project. Alternatively you can view these resources in Prezi.
On this page:
Presentation for the UCL Education Conference, April 2018
Text version and Prezi version.
Compendium of resources for making and marking multimodal work
- Learn a vast range of skills online - http://ucl.ac.uk/lynda
- Making a documentary video - ELDG project by David Larreina Garcia, (Archaeology): https://wiki.ucl.ac.uk/x/SawpAg .
- Thinking through students’ consent to use work: https://goo.gl/y4FYLZ .
- UCL quick guide on assessing multimedia: https://www.ucl.ac.uk/teaching-learning/teaching-resources/teaching-toolkits/assessment-feedback
- Rubrics for assessing media, developed at UCL:
Please share yours - firstname.lastname@example.org
For students or authors producing media:
- Video-makers: http://www.openshot.org/.
- Bloggers: wordpress.com (easily exported).
- Website-makers: UCL MyPortfolio; Wix; Weebly; Wordpress; UCL wiki.
- Presentations: Microsoft PowerPoint or Sway; Prezi.
For assessors giving feedback on different media:
- Collect links via Moodle Assignment - good for organising marking and giving summary feedback.
- Websites - comment with hypothes.is.
- Videos - comment with VideoAnt.
- More: https://goo.gl/BVtzzg
Students' publicly available work
- Samir Chadha, Mihai Ionescu and fellow students - http://www.ucl.ac.uk/economics/news-library/november16/fyc_winners
- Charikleia Karakatsani - https://whenyouliveinlondon.wordpress.com
- Lukas Utzig - https://spacewalksblog.wordpress.com/
- Arantza Dobbels Busto and fellow students https://myportfolio.ucl.ac.uk/view/view.php?id=125023
- Oreoluwa Babasina, Ruxandra Ion and fellow students - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=amVoafhYhwc
- Katarina Balcirakova, Julien Machiels and fellow students https://myportfolio.ucl.ac.uk/view/view.php?id=148823
- Laura Spanner and fellow students - Homer and Turner - http://prezi.com/xqazjq5lsefd/
- Amoolya Mannava and fellow students - https://youtu.be/dn2uB7eqcE8
- Anna Leask - https://londonanthropologist.com/
- More economics challenge videos - https://ctale.org/projects/first-year-challenge/
- More biomedical engineering challenge videos - https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL3diEP6O8frWT-kCcZDzHY_9MdJ4y52Zc
- More digital ethnographies at https://digianth.weebly.com/ethnographies.html
Project report as seven thematic videos in participants' own words
- https://goo.gl/uHrT3s (YouTube)
- or https://mediacentral.ucl.ac.uk/Browse/Tag/multimodal (UCL Media Central
- Collection of research literature on multimodal assessment: https://www.zotero.org/mira/items/tag/multimodal
- Fung, D., 2017. Outward facing assessments. In: A connected curriculum for higher education. UCL Press. http://www.ucl.ac.uk/ucl-press/browse-books/a-connected-curriculum-for-higher-education
- Assessment Born Digital - Professor Sian Bayne at UCL: http://goo.gl/99aA6I